Meet Dr. Tewes
I grew up right here in South Lincoln and we are excited to be home! I feel so humbled and blessed to be able to do what I love and serve amazing people throughout the process. Each person is unique and wonderfully created, and I truly believe that yes, we are all about making smiles, but straightening teeth is just one part of that.
Education & Experience
I went to high school at Lincoln Lutheran and then did a little Midwest tour before coming back to Lincoln. I attended Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska for college, and then on to Creighton University for dental school, graduating Summa Cum Laude. From there I went on to complete my specialty residency training in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and Master of Science (MS) at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. There I was exposed to many complex and interdisciplinary cases. I then became Board-Certified and practiced orthodontics in South Dakota at an office where I treated many patients with braces and Invisalign before moving back to Nebraska.
- American Association of Orthodontics
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Midwest Society of Orthodontics
- Nebraska Society of Orthodontics
- Lincoln Orthodontics Society
Outside of the Office
My amazing wife, Shelby, has been integral in everything that I do. We have been married 7 years and have two energetic little girls and one dog:
- Naomi is a three-year-old prototypical firstborn girl. Very passionate, sweet, and loves singing, dancing, reading, and learning.
- Evelyn is one and constantly trying to keep up with Naomi. She is a sweet and content little girl.
- King is my one-year-old Gordon Setter hunting companion.
Spending time with my family and loved ones is a top priority for me when I’m not changing smiles. I enjoy all things sports and outdoors, serving in my local Church, reading, and of course cheering on the Huskers! On the weekends you might find me experimenting with my Big Green Egg smoker.